- Updated a number of core gems to their latest stable releases
- Vastly improved Signup email is now sent to new players
- Unread messages count and Players online were not being shown in the sidebar tab buttons
- When a team-up offer expires the context of the message sent was around the wrong way
- After declining a team-up offer you couldn't then view the popup player profile for that player
- View as Graph link at the bottom of the player listing wasn't working after upgrading FancyBox
- Updated website infrastructure to handle websockets on port 443 rather than custom port 7070 which was being blocked by some user's firewalls causing game status updates to not be received when turns processed.
- Finished and enabled the "contact us" form available from the footer.
- Corrected spelling in How To Play image.
- Added new game mode called Control Points where your aim is to take and hold unowned special hexes placed around the map
- Updated the Players sidebar on the map page to include the viewing player at the top, needed for the new Control Points game mode
- Moved the 'view as graph' link to the bottom of the Players sidebar
- Generating invite emails was failing due to wrong/old url helper being used
- Charts and the side bar were not displaying when viewing other player's finished games
- Added inertia to the map when used on the iPad
- If you reopen the same game in a second tab the first tab displays a "session ended" message
- When you load a game all unread messages were being displayed one after the other filling the screen
- HTML formating in game notifications was visible as part of the message
- Unable to send messages in games which have yet to start
- Automated team start/stop messages were not being sent via websockets to online players
- Email and Boxcar alerts have been fixed and are being delivered again
- Upgraded to Rails 3.2 from 3.1 (this broke the email alerts)
- Upgraded to JQuery 1.8
- Switched from using Unicorn + Resque to Puma + Sidekiq
- The complete turn 'tick' is now a button that says 'Complete turn'. Way more obvious for new players.
- Sometime ago the websocket implementation broke, this has been fixed. Now in-game messages are pushed to attached browsers with the open websocket connection - this allows IM style communication with other players also looking at the same game.
- When triggering a turn process the browser doesn't repeatedly poll to find out when the next turn is available as the server now tells it via the websocket connection.
- 'Waiting on X players' on the map page is automatically updated as other players complete their turn.
- When there is less than 2 hours until the next turn process, the map page has a live count down of the minutes left.
- If a 'team up' offer hasn't been accepted after two turns it is automatically expired.
- '5 turns left' and 'Last turn' notices are presented to players when loading the map page.
- If you've completed your turn, still on the map page and the turn processes then the map will auto-update with the new turn ready to go.
- After ending an alliance and while still in standdown the threat analysis wasn't appearing for hexes solely under threat from your now new enemy.
- IM 'games' command now returns how many players waiting on and timing for next process
- clicking the green tick to make changes to your turn cause all your commands to be undone
- Boxcar alerts stopped working due to changes in their API
- IM alerts for 'turn processed' were not being sent
- sometimes when being the last player to complete your turn the map page was throwing a JS error while trying to load the new turn's data
- added this change log :-)
- the AI player has been completely re-written with a focus to being able to play CTF games, previously it couldn't [ blog post ]
- AI is now a standalone NodeJS application using the ESDAO Api just like the browser interface does
- upgraded JQuery
- upgraded Ruby on Rails to 3.1 from 3.0, now using new asset pipeline now